It displays badges indicating an article's status (New, Old, Edited, Featured, Popular, and Most Hit) above it. The plugin not only provides built-in badges but also allows your custom design for badges created by using HTML elements and inline CSS.
- 3.10, 4.4, 5
- Last update
- Sun, 5 Nov 2023
- 1'st release
- Wed, 4 May 2011
- JED page
- ext...org /...cle-status
- Live demo
- Visit demo
- Article selection by its ID and category.
- Multiple choices of Bootstrap-based built-in and custom badges created with HTML code and inline CSS
- Individual configuration per badge except for its design
- Ability to define custom badges with HTML code and inline CSS on the back-end configuration page
5.0.0. Nov 5, 2023
- Supported Joomla 5.
- Added the new badge indicates old articles.
- Modified design of legacy badges.
4.0.0. Sep 2, 2021
- Supported Joomla 4.
- Removed the useless "Archived" badge.
- Improved parameter logic and back-end user interface.
- Added a new type of badge based on Bootstrap.
- Solved all known issues.
3.3.1. Dec 10, 2018
3.3.0. Nov 30, 2018
- Solved a possible issue.
- Improved the backend configuration.
- Removed the ID attribute of the wrapper div element.
3.2.1. Nov 3, 2018
- Solved two bugs: Joomla function deprecation and back-end error in Media.
3.2.0. Jan 17, 2017
- Maintenance for Joomla standard.
3.1.0. Jan 17, 2017
- Added the filter tags to the back-end parameters.
- HTML tags and inline CSS have been supported for custom badges.
- The back-end configuration interface has been improved.
- A minor bug has been solved for K2.
3.0.0. Added a customizable wrapper div element. Removed several minor bugs.
2.2.0. Supported Joomla 3. Added the "Archived" badge.
2.1.1. Fixed several minor bugs.
2.1.0. Supported Joomla 2.5. Added the exclude/include option for categories and articles. Added the hide/show option for the blog view.
2.0.1. Fixed several minor bugs for Joomla 1.5 only.
1.1.0. Supported Joomla 1.6.
1.0.0. Released the initial version for Joomla 1.5 only.
After installation, enable and configure the plugin.
We created the default badges with Bootstrap. The default badges are suitable for Joomla 4 or its newer version. If you use the default badges on Joomla 3, it displays badges without various colors.
If you want badges that have a unique design, you can create them yourself by using parameters titled custom HTML and CSS. In other words, you don't need to hack or modify the plugin files.
The plugin works only for published articles that satisfy the "Article Selection" condition.
For the featured badge, if you open a specific web page of only featured articles, it doesn't show the badge.
The popular and the most hit badges
A numeric value of the parameter for the "Popular" badge, called proportion, must be greater than the value of the corresponding parameter for the "Most Hit" badge.
We support the most recent version of the extension.
Also, we develop and test our extensions for the latest release of Joomla.
JExtBOX Article Status is the Joomla extension.
Copyright (©) 2011 - 2023 Galaa
JExtBOX Article Status is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
JExtBOX Article Status is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see www.gnu.org/licenses.